When the question of market leading truck accessories arise, users and dealers always tend to mention the name of Bakflip. But what if you are told to pick up some of the best Bakflip products? In that case the MX4 series should be on the top of the list. We are here with the best BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover review.
For all kinds of trucks and for all kinds of truck owners and users the BAK industries has got something special in their collection – Bakflip MX4, Revolver X2, X4, and the RollBak etc. Each product is designed for a different need but they all come under the hallmark of BAK – durability, reliability and quality.
But among all of their launched products, if any model has achieved the highest amount of popularity, then it is MX4. This edition has been manufactured in different shapes and sizes, to make it useful to the owners of all models of trucks – Chevrolet, Nissan, Ford, etc and compatible with all the bed sizes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover Review
- 2 BAK BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- 3 BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover Review (Video)
- 4 Other Top 4 Best BAKFlip Tonneau Covers Review
- 5 1. Bakflip G2 Hard Folding Truck bed Tonneau Cover
- 6 2. Bakflip F1 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
- 7 3. Bak Revolver X4 Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- 8 4. BAK Revolver X4S Truck Tonneau Cover
- 9 FAQs About BAKFlip Tonneau Cover
- 10 Does BAK Industries manufacture only hard folding tonneau covers?
- 11 Are BAK tonneau covers difficult to install and do I need to hire an expert
- 12 What is the approximate price range of BAKFlip tonneau cover
- 13 Video About How to Install BAKflip MX4 Tonneau Cover
- 14 Final Words
Top Rated BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover Review
BAK BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
Made with Aluminum and capable of lifting 400 lbs, this tonneau cover provides you everything that you can expect from a premium truck bed cover. First and foremost, the cover is good looking with its sleek stylish appearance that comes from the matte finish.
Then comes the facility of total bed access. You just need to open the cover, secure it in place with included struts, and gain access to nearly 100% of your bed. While not in use, the struts rest in upgraded rod clips. The MX4 includes rubber bumpers, which prevent the cover from scratching your truck’s cab while open.
Enhanced side rails are another great feature of the tonneau cover. The MX4 rails have a finished look with no exposed raw aluminum. Channels are integrated into the rails, which direct water from and out of your truck bed. Also, the design of the dual action tailgate seal allows you to shut the cover with your tailgate in both open and closed position.
The matte finish that we mentioned earlier also protects the cover against UV damage, fingerprint etc. To use the covers you can just pull the string latch and fold the cover toward your truck cab to open it and access your gear. When you fold the cover back to shut it, the panels latch into place automatically.
No drilling is required to install this cover. If you have a wrench and socket set, you can install the set in just an hour. For providing protection to the folding panels during turbulent driving, the cover features pre-molded shock absorbing bumpers.
- Manufactured using Aluminum panels.
- Enhanced prop rod clips to add a better clamping system.
- Enhanced bumpers sit on top of the cover for an added cushion.
- EPDM rubber seal end caps for better look and functionality.
- Multi-function tailgate seal.
- Low profile and watertight.
- Integrated buckle system and latching mechanism allow driving without covering the 3rd brake light.
- Over priced.
BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover Review (Video)
Other Top 4 Best BAKFlip Tonneau Covers Review
Apart from the MX4 edition, BAK industries has manufactured various types of tonneau cover and all of them have been best sellers in the last few years. May it be with their hard rolling covers or hard folding covers or retractable covers – Bakflip has won the hearts of truck owners with their products effortlessly.
Here are some of the best tonneau covers produced by BAK with all their pros and cons chosen by our experts for you. We have included G2 hard folding truck bed cover, F1 tonneau cover which is built with Fibermax and Revolver X4 and X4S here in our list.
1. Bakflip G2 Hard Folding Truck bed Tonneau Cover
Another smartly designed product from BAK industries is their Bakflip G2 model. 100% bed access along with a great safety system and supreme functionality make this product absolutely praiseworthy. Durable cargo protection and frustration-free functionality make G2 a smart investment for truck owners.
This low profile cover is made of durable aluminum panels. The integrated buckle system that the cover comes with will let you easily drive with your cover folded, flipped up, or closed without covering the 3rd brake light. The dual action tailgate seal allows seamless tailgate closure with the cover open or closed.
When you need to haul large items, you can simply fold the G2 up toward your cab and secure it in place with the provided struts. The built-in drainage system is another blessing. The G2’s rails have an integrated channel that drains away from the cover and out of your truck bed through plastic tubes.
The G2 truck bed covers use durable EPDM rubber seals along the length of the rails and at the hinges to prevent water from seeping into the bed. The G2 hard folding cover will ensure great safety that usually vinyl-made covers cannot.
A simple string latch system is used to open the cover. When closed, the latches automatically engage with the tonneau cover rails.
- A gloss black powder coat to protect the panels and create a rich, lustrous look.
- Panels constructed of aircraft grade Aluminum.
- EPDM seals provide maximum water resistance.
- Holds 300 lbs of weight evenly distributed.
- Powder coated panels protect against the truck bed from UV rays.
- Complete bed access.
- Some users complained of receiving covers already scratched.
2. Bakflip F1 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
The Bakflip F1 tonneau cover is made of impact resistant FRP and sits even with the bed caps. This model from the house of BAK is compatible with trucks manufactured by all the major automotive companies. The cover will support 400 lbs of weight evenly distributed.
When the tailgate is locked, the contents of your bed are secure. To open the cover you first have to lower the tailgate. Then pull the cable on either side to release latches and fold the cover toward the cab. You will get three latching points along the area.
To carry heavy furniture or other large baggage in the truck bed, you can simply fold the F1 forward your cab and fasten the strut. You will get total bed access and the ability to safely drive down the road without removing the cover. The water drainage system will liquid off the F1 into drainage system tubes and keep the cargo dry and safe.
The Fiberglass reinforced polymer that is used to build this truck bed cover is light-weight and heat resistant. The material is virtually dent proof. A textured black powder coat covers the FRP panels. The covers are made in the USA and come with a 5 year warranty.
- All new upgraded rear seal that allows the tailgate to close with the cover up or down.
- Panels constructed of Aluminum with an FRP coating on top.
- Weight capacity – 400 lbs.
- Can be opened from either side of the truck.
- FRP exterior panel stays cooler to the touch.
- Universal tailgate seal.
- Some truck owners mentioned a slight issue regarding fitment.
3. Bak Revolver X4 Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
If you want a rolling truck bed cover which is hard, solid and durable then Revolver X4 from BK industries should come to your mind immediately. This hard rolling cover takes it a step further and works without Velcro or snaps. The end result is a flush fit, no-hassle design.
What makes this cover model is its unmatched security. BAK’s patented locking rails feature exclusive side rails. These rails automatically engage the aluminum slats of the cover when the cover is fully closed. Locking the tailgate provides the ultimate security for the truck bed.
Along with the upgraded, premium vinyl overlay the new Bak X4 features a premium matte black finish. To use the cover one hand operation is attainable with the pull cable release. This can be used from either side of the bed to open the cover. The automatic slam latches will secure the cover at the rear when closed.
The Revolver X4 uses weather resistant seals along the sides of the cover to create a strong seal to the bed of the truck. The vinyl overlay creates a one piece design, so that water and debris can’t make its way through the aluminum slats. You can simply roll cover to the front of the bed to make full use of the truck.
The cover can be driven in the open position by securing it with both buckle straps. The rear view mirror can still be used while the cover is open.
Related Post: Top-Rated Polaris Ranger Snow Plow Review
- Constructed of Aluminum slats with vinyl overlay.
- Patented rotational locking skills.
- Operate from either side of the automatic slam latch.
- Works with most 5th wheel latches.
- Can hold 400bs of weight if evenly distributed.
- Full bed access with 3rd brake light visibility.
- Straps hold cover in an open position while driving.
- Complaints regarding the durability of the cover were received from a few customers.
Bak Revolver X4 Truck Bed Cover Video Review
4. BAK Revolver X4S Truck Tonneau Cover
Another extremely useful and smart truck bed cover from the Revolver series is this X4S edition. With its matte black finish, ease of use, and impressive security, the Bakflip X4S is one of the most elite hard rolling tonneau covers available for trucks in the USA.
This premium hard rolling cover is built with interlocking slats of premium Aluminum with textured heavy-duty vinyl overlay. This produces a smooth appearance and protects your cargo from elements.
The tarps, slats and clamps are all colored black matte black, making it a perfect match for OEM bed accessories such as tailgate caps and bed rail caps. The cover also features newly designed side seals and nicely finished rear corner caps and all of these are designed to achieve a new level of refinement for the truck.
When you need to load or unload cargo, you can simply pull the string latch and roll the cover towards your bulkhead for bed access. You may want to secure the X4S with the included straps and buckles to safely haul large, tall items.
When you close the cover, the automatic slam latch and the rotational rail system will secure the BAK X4S in place and protect your gear from would-be thieves. The design of this tonneau cover allows full access to the truck’s bed without obstructing your sightlines through your rearview mirror or 3rd brake light.
- Durable strap and buckle system.
- Side seal rails with smooth flat design.
- Slats are capped to protect your hands.
- Capable of lifting 400 lbs of weight evenly distributed.
- Rotational locking rail system.
- Built-in bulkhead seals protect cargo from rough weather.
- Does not block access to stake pocket holes.
- Extremely expensive
FAQs About BAKFlip Tonneau Cover
Does BAK Industries manufacture only hard folding tonneau covers?
No, Bakflip Revolver X2 and Revolver X4 are examples of some of their hard-rolling covers.
Are BAK tonneau covers difficult to install and do I need to hire an expert
Bakflip truck bed covers are easy to install and require no drilling. So you can easily install them yourself just with the help of some sockets and wrench.
What is the approximate price range of BAKFlip tonneau cover
Bakflip truck bed covers usually cost from $800 to $1050. But you can purchase them on a low monthly payment basis without any hidden fees.
Video About How to Install BAKflip MX4 Tonneau Cover
BAK Industries has undoubtedly redefined the idea of the perfect truck bed cover over the time. With their unmatched technical excellence and helpful customer service they have earned a special place in the automotive market. We hope our effort for BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover review will help you to choose the right BAK cover.
From all their options of truck bed covers, like Vortrak, the matte retractable one or Bakflip CS from the contractor series, or the popular ones like the MX4 or F1, you will definitely find the perfect match for your truck. In-house support teams will be there for you always to face any inconvenience.