You must feel worried while carrying your pickup truck loaded with expensive equipment, and who would not? Considering the open truck bed, what if those things fall out during the drive? Or, if you have to leave the truck on its own for some emergency situation? Thus, installing the best tonneau cover for Rambox can save you from such a stressful state.
Your pickup is to assist you in moving all the heavy tools or objects together in one go. But in doing so, you need to ensure the safety of the carrying cargo as well. A tonneau cover will act as a strong barrier between any damaging impact and the tools. But the market is filled with poor quality products. Finding the perfect tonneau cover is the one task you should do properly.
To make your quest easy, we have made a list of the 5 best tonneau covers with all the important information. But if you want a specific answer, the TruXedo Lo Pro Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover is the best one available out there. Why? This cover has a perfect combination of functional as well as practical features. This type of combination is rare in most other Rambox covers.
Let’s learn about all those covers now, shall we?
Top Rated Tonneau Cover Comparison Table
|TruXedo Lo Pro Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover||
||Check on Amazon|
|BAK BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Truck Bed Cover||
||Check on Amazon|
|extang Trifecta 2.0 Soft Folding Bed Cover||
||Check on Amazon|
|RUGGED LINER E-Series Hard Folding Bed Cover||
||Check on Amazon|
|UnderCover Flex Hard Folding Truck Cover||
||Check on Amazon|
Top 5 Best Tonneau Cover for Rambox in 2023
1. TruXedo Lo Pro 544901 Tonneau Cover – Best Roll-Up Cover
In this best truck tonneau cover list, the TruXedo Lo Pro 544901 is the best-selling of all, and rightfully so. While TruXedo is renowned for delivering quality automobile equipment, this Lo Pro soft truck cover has set a standard in this regard. You get the perfect combination of functional and practical features in one cover.
The chic-looking cover with a size of 5’7” ensures the best protection for your loaded goods. The clamping system lets you set the tonneau cover with no tools and extra effort as well.
- Sleek Design: This low-profile yet stylish pickup bed cover is made with aircraft-grade aluminum, giving it a strong and durable build. These lightweight bows can endure a thick layer of snow load without any fuss!
- Lasting Quality: This Roll Up Tonneau Cover cover has leather-grain vinyl that is tear-resistant and can endure any harsh element for a long time. It can take up to 350lbs loads easily.
- No Drill Installation: This cover doesn’t need any drilling or aid of extra tools to set up. Just take it out of the box and start using it right away. You can install the cover yourself with no professional help required. Mount the cover on the rails with access to the stake pocket holes. Fix the cover, roll it, and start your journey within 30 minutes.
- Quality Sealing: The auto-tension control system helps the cover to fit tightly over ¾ inch over the truck bed. It also features special corner sealings and an anodized one-finger latch, promoting a quick release and making the operation super easy. Opening and removal of this cover can’t be smoother than this!
- This sleek design includes an improved MPG.
- Very easy to operate.
- The installation process is easy and smooth.
- No drill or extra tool is required for installation.
- The instructions may seem difficult to some.
2. BAK BAKFlip MX4 448203 Tonneau Cover – Top Hard Folding Cover
The next cover in this list is one of the best-selling hard folding tonneau covers you can find easily in the market. Considering all the features and functionalities it has to offer, the recognition it has been gaining is on point.
The price may seem a bit higher at first glance, but once you start using the BAKFlip truck cover in your truck, you will see that this one is definitely worth your bucks! You will also get a 5 years warranty purchasing this.
- Trifold Design: This cover has an inward three-fold design that you can fold vertically. Without opening the whole cover, you can open one or two segments of it depending on the necessity.
- Sturdy Structure: This sleek-looking tonneau cover is built of sturdy yet lightweight aluminum panels along with a matte black finish. Thus, increasing its tolerance against scratches, marks, and UV damage. Moreover, it can take up to an impressive amount of 400lbs weight.
- No Drill Installation: The installation process is quite simple as there is no drilling involved. Just place the cover over the bed rails, and fasten the backup rails with clamps. However, the heavyweight cover can be too much for single-handed management.
- Safety Measure: You can drive with this tonneau cover closed, flipped up, or folded, but the 3rd brake light will be exposed no matter what, ensuring safe cargo hauling. You can also close off the tailgate with the cover shut or open.
- Quality Sealing: The shock-absorbing bumpers in the folded panels protect the cover from being hit. The dual drain tube makes sure there is no water inside the truck bed. The prop rods of the MX4 helps you to open and close the cover instantly without any tools.
- This tool is sturdy with a great outlook.
- The installation process is easy and takes minimal time.
- 100% access to the truck bed.
- No drill installation system.
- You shouldn’t drive with the tonneau cover open.
BAKFlip MX4 Truck Cover Review & Installation Guide
3. Extang Trifecta 2.0 Soft Folding Bed Cover
Extang has been manufacturing high-quality truck covers since 1982. Hence, it being in this Rambox tonneau cover list shouldn’t come off as a surprise at all. Among all the innovative and excellent truck bed covers, the Trifecta soft folding cover 92420 deserves to be one of the top ones for its fantastic features.
From the looks to the durability, it surpasses its predecessor’s standard by a long margin. Not to mention the affordable price range and the lifetime warranty it has.
- Sleek Design: This Tonneau cover is a perfect fit for a 5ft 5-7inch truck bed. It has an attractive exterior with soft curves, making it a low-profile yet stylish one to adorn your pickup bed.
- Sturdy Structure: This well-built tonneau cover is made of premium quality materials like marine-grade fabric, giving it a refreshing and strong look. This one is also available in premium canvas while providing the same quality and safety.
- Fastest Installation: This cover is already assembled when delivered to your door. You just put the cover on your truck bed and attach it using the cab clamps. There is no rail, hence, no extra tools or effort is needed. When needed, removing the cover is as much easy as the installation process.
- Easy Operation: The tailgate has two EZ locks to keep the cover locked automatically. Just pull down the clamps and fold the cover twice before buckling into the cab. The jaw grip clamp can be fixed horizontally and vertically to prevent over-tightening or any external damage.
- Safety Measure: Despite being a soft folding one, this waterproof cover is also resistant to fading and other harsh weather elements like rainwater or snow.
- Easy installation process.
- Built with high-end materials.
- The price is within your budget.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The instructions could be more detailed.
Extang Trifecta 2.0 Truck Bed Cover Review & Benefits
4. RUGGED LINER E-Series Hard Folding Truck Cover
The Rugged Liner E-Series EH-D6509 is the fourth cover on our best truck tonneau cover list. With a reasonable price and a 3 years warranty, it provides what you need from a hard-folding truck cover. This cover is built with high-quality solid materials to ensure a durable structure.You do not need to organize it as it comes assembled upon delivery. Just unpack the box and attach it to your pickup truck using the tailgate locks. The installation process is that much easy!
- Trifold Design: This hardcover has a three-fold design that you can bend vertically. This 76.3-inch tonneau cover is easily mounted on the top of the truck bed. You can open one or two segments depending on the situation.
- Sturdy Structure: This sleek designed tonneau cover is built of robust and lightweight aluminum skin panels for increased security. The powder-dusted frame protects the panels from tear and decay.
- Smooth Installation: Both the installation and removal processes are very easy and quickly done. No tools or drillings are required to set the cover. Just place the cover over the bed and fasten the cab clamp, secure the tailgate clamp before unfolding the clamp, and your work is complete. The removal can be done in less than 6 minutes.
- Security Measure: This hard-folding cover has a dual-layer seal that keeps the water from getting into the cargo. The tailgate lock makes sure the cover fits perfectly over the truck bed, preventing any theft from happening. You can also smoothly drive with the tonneau cover being closed or opened.
- It comes at a reasonable price.
- It doesn’t take much time to install.
- Built with quality materials.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It may not fit all Rambox.
Rugged Liner Hard Folding Cover Review & Installation
5. Undercover Flex FX31008 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
The Undercover Flex is the final entry in this list of top Rambox truck bed covers. It may be the last one, but definitely not the least one considering the high-quality features it exhibits. With the durability and easy installation process, this well-built cover also comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Trifold Design: This best tri-fold hardcover can be bent inwards with ease. Instead of folding the whole cover, you can open one segment to pick your needed item.
- Sturdy Structure: This stylish-looking tonneau cover is built with robust and high-end dual aluminum panels, ensuring extreme durability. Due to its UV resistance quality, the glossy exterior of this tonneau cover won’t be fading anytime soon.
- Easy Maintenance: This cover can tolerate any harsh elements of weather, meaning it can endure scratches and decaying as well. These traits help the cover to last a long time, even with the least care. You won’t have to constantly worry about keeping the cover safe.
- Convenient Installation: The installation process isn’t much hard to follow. Just mount the cover on the bed rails and hit on the road. However, the heavy weight of the truck cover may be too much to handle by only one person. Thus, you might need extra help to install the cover properly.
- Capacity: This sturdy yet lightweight cover can easily endure up to 400 lbs weight even on the top. Due to its full bed access, you can hoard or reduce as many things as the truck capacity allows.
- Security Measure: This Undercover Flex hard-folding Tonneau cover has multiple tailgate clasps, providing the utmost theft safety. Moreover, you can close or open the cover anywhere you want.
- It comes at a reasonable price.
- It takes little time for installation.
- Built with quality materials.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Not suitable for all Rambox.
Best Tonneau Cover for Rambox Buying Guide
Buying a truck bed cover isn’t what you should aim for, but buying the best tonneau cover for your truck bed should be the priority. You might be thinking, what is the big deal? But when the random tonneau cover would not fit on your truck, it would be too late. Why waste your money when you can invest in buying a good one?
Checking some simple factors before selecting the one is going to help you find the best truck Tonneau cover. Here are some of the factors you need to check before buying the cover:
Trying to attach an incompatible cover is going to harm you more than benefit you. First thing first, measure the size of your truck bed. Then start looking for the ideal cover that would fit your truck perfectly. Make sure the measurements are matching before you purchase it.
The structure of your truck cover plays an important part in how long it’s going to last, or how tolerant it can be against harsh conditions. Most people prefer the ones built with aluminum, vinyl, fiberglass, etc. The vinyl-built is the best as it offers more weather resistance quality.
You will also find materials like canvas, leather, weave fabric, etc. However, these are not as popular as the above-mentioned ones.
Roll-up, folding, retractable, and hinge, these are the four types of Tonneau cover for you to choose from. Each of them has some distinct features setting them apart, and analyzing them to see which one suits your preferences the most. The majority of people go for the roll-up as it is affordable and more convenient to use.
Clamp & Latch
Having clamps will help the cover to remain tight and intact. The latch system aids you to control the cover. If you are buying a tonneau cover with clamps and latches, make sure they are well-built and able to serve their purpose.
The installation process of a Tonneau cover can include different methods of clamping like retractable, hinged-lid, etc. Some of them take merely half an hour, whereas others may take more time. If you are going to install it yourself, go for the easy ones with no extra tools or drilling work involved.
How To Install A Tonneau Cover?
Once you got your truck Tonneau cover at your doorstep, it’s time to fix it to your truck bed. While the installation process is smooth in most cases, lack of detailed instruction may cause it to be troublesome. So, make sure you know all the instructions thoroughly.
- Tonneau cover usually has 2 side rails. The structure has to be fixed on the top or at the side. Cut down the notches if you prefer over-the-bed liners. An open tailgate will prevent all types of unwanted obstacles.
- The kit should have some toothed clamps in it. Take one of those to attach the cover under the side rails. Line up all the clamps properly and tighten them. Once it’s tight enough, press the clamps next to the rails.
- Install the tailgate or the cab seals if available. Make sure the tonneau cover is sitting evenly on the top. Adjust if needed.
- Make sure that there is no bulging or space in between. If you see something like this, it means the cover is not pushing the liner as it should be. Check again to see where you need the adjustment.
Benefits Of Using Tonneau Cover
Having a Tonneau cover for your truck definitely has some special sparks. This extra tool can make your vehicle more convenient and safer for regular usage.
A tonneau cover makes sure your Rambox cargo has a proper shield in harsh weather conditions, not to mention lowering the risk of theft. You don’t have to worry about bumpy roads while driving, as the cargo objects will remain safe under the cover protection.
Besides providing safety measures, a cover on your truck bed increases the appeal and the value of the truck as well. The glossy and tidy look adds an extra dose of style to it.
Low Fuel Cost
This cover has a positive effect on fuel efficiency. The aerodynamic design of the cover reduces the bumpy tailgate flows. As a result, the limited air drag automatically reduces fuel consumption by 5%-10%.
Feature and Benefits of Tonneau Cover (Video Review)
How to Take Care of your Tonneau Cover
Caring for your truck tonneau cover is an important step in ensuring that it lasts for a long time. Here are some tips to help you take good care of your cover:
- Cleaning: The first step in caring for your truck tonneau cover is to keep it clean. Use mild soap and water to clean the cover, and be sure to rinse it thoroughly to remove any dirt or grime. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning products, as they can damage the cover.
- Protecting from UV Rays: Exposure to the sun can cause the cover to fade and crack over time. To protect your cover from UV rays, you can use a UV protectant spray or a tonneau cover protector.
- Waterproofing: Always try to choose a waterproof truck cover. To keep your truck bed dry, you can use a waterproofing spray to protect your tonneau cover from water damage. This will help to keep your truck bed dry and prevent mold and mildew from forming.
- Storing: When you’re not using your tonneau cover, it’s important to store it properly. Fold it up neatly and store it in a cool, dry place to prevent it from getting damaged.
- Regularly check for Damage: Regularly inspect the cover for any damage or wear, including rips, tears, or holes. If you notice any damage, it’s best to repair or replace the cover as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your truck tonneau cover in good condition for a long time. Remember to always check the manufacturer’s instructions for specific care and maintenance guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tonneau Cover
Why do you need a tonneau cover?
A tonneau cover is basically a shield-type structure that spread over the backside of a pickup truck. It protects the goods you store in the cargo. Such a structure also ensures your contents are safe from weather or stealing.
Do tonneau covers make noises?
No, it doesn’t. A tonneau cover is usually made with thick materials to prevent sounds when they move. However, the cover can make noise if it doesn’t fit properly.
Do tonneau covers keep water out?
Mostly yes, a tonneau cover keeps the truck bed dry by keeping the water out. The efficiency can vary depending on the model and the brand. Usually, a hardcover does it better than a softcover.
Roll-up covers are also better to deflect water, but it can leak on the opening sides. The retractable ones are more useful as they are completely locked when closed off.
It is normal if you want the best tonneau cover for Rambox in your pickup, and rightfully so. To deliver a great performance in return, your truck deserves to be treated with care as well. A Rambox cover is an ideal way to accomplish that.
However, before selecting the one you think is best for your truck, make sure you know all the features and the compatibility level of these covers. It’s going to be a long-term investment that you wouldn’t want to regret later. Hence, spend your money wisely.
We know each of your seconds is important and we are thankful that you are spending them on reading us. If you want to read more buying guides like this, keep your eyes on us for further updates.
Leave a Reply