You may be an ardent lover of snowfalls in mountainous areas but for your Polaris Ranger you would always wish to find a clean is a road. Choosing the right device for the long process of plowing snow can be a confusing job to do. But here comes the review of the top 5 best snow plows for Polaris Ranger to help you.
From the era of wooden, horse-driven plows to the ultra-modern products of the 21st century, snowplows have always been a necessity for the people living in snowy areas. But the process of clearing outdoor snow with trucks or other vehicles is a rigorous one. And you need a sturdy device for that.
That’s why we have presented the most popular and widely used products here. Also, we have answered the most common questions that we receive from customers as well as tried to list the buying tips. The buying tips are a must for you to read.
MotoAlliance DENALI 72 inch UTV Snow Plow Kit
Though all five products we have discussed here come with great features, the one from MotoAlliance Denali with a 72-inch blade is our top pick. The product is so loved by customers, that you won’t find a single negative review or comment on this product.
For a long time, this brand is on the market, and for both professionals and homeowners, this straight blade plowing system is perfect.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Polaris Ranger Snow Plow Comparison Table
- 2 Top 5 Best Snow Plow for Polaris Ranger in 2022
- 3 1. UTV Kolpin Switchable Snow Plow System
- 4 2. MotoAlliance Denali Universal 72 Inch Best UTV Snow Plow Kit
- 5 3. Warn 78950 ProVantage Steel Snow Plow Blade – Best ATV Snow Plow
- 6 4. KFI 72” UTV Pro-Poly Blade Snow Plow Kit
- 7 5. MotoAlliance DENALI 66 inch UTV Snow Plow Kit
- 8 Buying Guide for the Best Snow Plow for Polaris Ranger
- 9 Standard material
- 10 Compatibility
- 11 Your Needs
- 12 Types of Plows
- 13 Size and Weight
- 14 Cost
- 15 Mounting and Controller Choice
- 16 Frequently Asked Question about Snow Plow
- 17 What are the benefits of V-Plow and a straight plow?
- 18 What should I keep in mind before buying a used snowplow?
- 19 How much a snowplow can cost?
- 20 Expert Tips to Use a Snowplow to Prevent Damage
- 21 How to Install Snow Plow on Polaris Ranger
- 22 Expert Final Suggestion
- 23 Final Verdict
Top Polaris Ranger Snow Plow Comparison Table
|Kolpin UTV Switchblade Plow – 17-5000||
||Check on Amazon|
|MotoAlliance DENALI 72 inch UTV Snow Plow||
||Check on Amazon|
|WARN 78950 ProVantage Steel Plow Blade||
||Check on Amazon|
|KFI 72″ UTV Pro-Poly Blade Snow Plow Kit||
||Check on Amazon|
|MotoAlliance DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit||
||Check on Amazon|
Top 5 Best Snow Plow for Polaris Ranger in 2022
1. UTV Kolpin Switchable Snow Plow System
This product is a great win for you as the material of both the frame and plow is of top-notch quality. Tough square tube steel is used to build the frame. And the plow is made of stamped steel.
The stamped steel blade technology adjusts to either 60” or 72” width robust square tube chassis with placed reinforcements.
This Snowplow is the perfect fit for almost all the models of Polaris Ranger. May it be the 2011-14 Mid-Size Polaris Ranger 400 or 500 or Polaris Ranger 800XP UTV Kolpin Snow Plow is compatible at its best.
This switchable snow plow is easily assembled and attaches to your UTV using a universal under-body mid-mount system.
Smart Structural Design
The blade pivot design of the device allows the operator to select multiple angled left or right positions. It also incorporates a spring-loaded “trip” system that allows the blade to handle the impacts with small obstructions.
The 72”-60” adjustable blade assembly allows for quality snow moving capacity and snow rolling characteristics.
Related Post: Michelin Premier LTX vs Defender LTX
- Comes with the following mounting hardwires – UTV Mount Weldment, Universal Mount LH Bracket, Zinc-plated square and round U-bolt, Spacer plate,etc.
- The 5- position blade angle is easy to assemble and install.
- At maximum blade-angle positions, the snow-cutting widths are 54.3” and 65.1” for the 60” and 72” blade widths respectively.
- Square-tube push frame assembly.
- Universal mount.
- One of the cheapest options available in the market.
- Not survivable in rough snowing conditions.
2. MotoAlliance Denali Universal 72 Inch Best UTV Snow Plow Kit
Do you want to enjoy the most comfortable snow-cleaning experience? Then this 72” UTV Snow Plow Kit from Denali is the answer of your quest. The reasons behind the appreciation of the users for this product are –
The biggest reason behind the positive reviews of the product is its heavy-duty performance. One of the users from the USA described his experience that how the device didn’t even notice 6 inches of snow during a journey. They also praised it as “worth every penny”
All the components of the product are superbly heavy-duty and can clean a huge amount of snow without any pressure. Regular users reported how the plows stay sturdy and equally heavy-duty even after a long time of use.
The plow is designed to handle the toughest of the snowy roads as well as sandy and icy ones.
The attack angle of the plow is 65 degrees and that helps the plow to roll up and throw snow easily. It’s center design also ensures that the snow is pushed away as forward as possible.
While using this plow system, you can attach and detach the plug effortlessly, thanks to the Easy-Connect design.
This is a center mounted plow. It can distribute the force of impact to the sturdiest parts of the UTV. As a result, the front end of the plow or other crucial parts of the vehicle stays safe from any form of damage.
The mounting plate of this product is designed with special care by the technicians and built with extra strength. It is engineered to fit the frame of your UTV. It is built with extra strength, which is enough to remain on your vehicle year arises.
- Straight plow blade (19” scope)
- Four 7 gauge ribs running the full height of the blade.
- Three additional horizontal 7 gauge stabilizers support the deepest point of the blade.
- Includes straight plow blade, mount plate, replaceable wear bar, push tubes, adjustable skid feet and installation hardware.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- A bit expensive, compared to the products of Warn and Kolpin.
3. Warn 78950 ProVantage Steel Snow Plow Blade – Best ATV Snow Plow
A large number of users have been purchasing this product for a long time and the reasons behind this trust are-
Heavy Duty and Durability
This product works as extremely heavy duty monstrous equipment. Any of the customers who use this product on their Polaris Ranger on regular basis, start their appreciation with the term “heavy-duty”.
With its solid and heavy-duty blade, the device is strong and long-lasting. Its outstanding durability is another reason behind its popularity.
Thanks to its centre-mounting design, the plow eliminates snow with unmatchable ease. The stable, wide plow bases and extra-large plow skids deliver exceptional performance.
The plow blade trips forward when striking an immovable object, helping protect the plow assembly from damage.
Thick 12-gauge steel with reinforcing ribs- that’s the construction of this brilliant equipment. Its front-mount system offers the highest blade lifting capability.
With heavy-duty ribbing, you will also get a center cross member for added rigidity. The blade doesn’t get affected by any sticking material, thanks to its special low-friction powder-coated finish.
The thick, sturdy wear bar of the plow has a steep Angle of Attack for maximum surface scraping.
The users reported how the wear bar doesn’t show any sign of being used even after he used it to move snow, gravel, mud, and scrapping pickers.
Related Post: Top Rated Snow Tires for Jeep Grand Cherokee
- High-performance plow system.
- Plows lift high to wash off the tallest curbs.
- Specially designed for high ground clearance.
- Easy to connect and detach.
- Durable, extra-large plow skids.
- The plow comes with adjustable slides and can pivot from side to side.
- The poor pivot point for winch lift.
4. KFI 72” UTV Pro-Poly Blade Snow Plow Kit
All the models from the Pro-Poly series of KFI received immense popularity immediately after its launch. But the strongest with 72” blade has been considered by users as the best output by the brand ever.
This front-mounted plow system is blessed with fully adjustable blade skids with bolt-on brackets. To ensure a supreme level of snow moving, the device includes a dual curvature face. Users from the USA praised the way it cleared heavy “slushy” snow in winter with absolute ease.
The device also includes a 7” high 2-ply top rubber flap. With the front-mount system, you get 30+ inches of lift height.
The skid plates of the product is built with is heavy-duty steel and the diameter is 3”. The steel belongs to the grade-50 category. The wear bar is also made of 2 sided 3/16 X 3.00” grade-50 steel. It is attached with heavy-duty grade-8 bolts.
All the components of the plow are shot blasted and powder coated tough for the best finish available.
The product is also loved for its extremely easy installation process. The system is attached in seconds using two standard high pitch 5/8” hitch pins.
Related Post: Top Rated Grille Guard for Deer Review
- Measures 21” vertical blade face height with an approximate 27” height with a snowplow.
- All mounting hardware included.
- The plows are Metal bead blasted before they are powder coated black for supreme durability.
- Fits on 2021 Polaris Ranger crew 1000, 2017 Polaris Ranger Crew 1000XP, 2019 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Northstar edition, and many other editions and hooks up great.
- Exceptionally solid and durable.
- Budget-friendlier than most of the other brands.
- For some of the older editions of Polaris Ranger, the product may face fitment issues.
5. MotoAlliance DENALI 66 inch UTV Snow Plow Kit
Another masterpiece from the house of MotoAlliance Denali is this excellently durable and sturdy 66-inch plowing system. Here are the most useful features of this product to help you decide if you should purchase the product or not –
Expertise in Throwing Snow
As reviewed by US customers, this plow excels in pushing snow as comfortably and as smartly as possible. This plow comes with an over centerd blade and a 65-degree angle attack.
The over centerd design ensures that snow is transitioned up the plow blade and rolled forward. Not only is air removed from the snow, but this blade design reduces the chance that snow will back up in front of the blade.
The abovementioned 65-degree attack angle maximize wear bar life and reduce wear on your plowing surface. This results in the sturdiness and survivability of the product.
The users, who regularly travel on snowy and sandy paths, loved it for its outstanding fabrication and heavy-duty structure.
The plows consist of two additional support bars for maximum durability and strength.
Like other products from their manufacturing house, the Denali engineers have structured this product with extremely strong top-class materials.
The snowplow blade (19 inches scoop) and leading horizontal supports are formed from a single piece of 11-gauge steel.
- Heavy duty.
- The turn system allows users to easily position their plow in 10 different angles – 0, 12.5°, 25°.
- 5 inches center to center for plow mount tabs.
- The mounting plate is structured with extra care to be a great fitment for the frame of the UTV.
- Four ribs 7 –gauge ribs run the full height of the blade.
- Structural tube steel crossbar for maximum durability and strength.
- No apparent complaints, apart from the price range of Denali.
Buying Guide for the Best Snow Plow for Polaris Ranger
There are some automobile products that are designed for emergency situations. A snowplow is one of the most crucial ones among those. To avoid ending up in a deserted snowy path with a fault plowing system, you can follow some smart buying guidelines.
Such tricks and tips can save your time, money, effort, and worries. We have tried to cover almost all the matters that buyers should know, to avoid any later inconveniences.
There are hundreds of products and thousands of promises made by the manufacturers available in the market. But those promises and products won’t relieve your tension as many of these are built with low standard substance.
The most important thing to look for in a blade or moldboard of the snowplow is its quality material. Usually, it is made of steel or polyethylene.
Do proper research, make a list of the heavy-duty products from well-known brands, and order from authentic dealers or reliable online sites.
The first and foremost thing to consider before purchasing the best UTV snow plow is the plow’s compatibility with your vehicle type and model.
Multiple numbers of trucks and numerous editions of them are available in the market nowadays. Polaris Ranger itself has launched many top-quality models in the last 20-30 years. Some newer versions of the plows may be unfit for older versions of vehicles.
Thoroughly study the manufacturing year, width, installation tools, etc to check the fitment issues.
You need the product to match your vehicle’s needs and geographical requirements. Otherwise may how expensive the product is, it will be a complete wastage.
Do you want a plow for long driveways in rural paths or to clean snow from big parking areas or side roads? Are the selected products designed for commercial use but do you want them as a homeowner? Are they designed for UTVs?
Go through all the product details to avoid any mismatched product.
Types of Plows
In this current era of industrialization, newer products are coming to the market every day. So many options for plow systems are available – V plow, push or box plow and straight plow – these two are the most common options. Both have their merits and demerits.
There are also varieties of mounts and mechanisms for controlling plowing. You also need to decide if you want a full trip or bottom-trip plow as they also have their advantages and disadvantages.
If you are a professional, you may also need to choose between front and rear-mounted plows.
Size and Weight
When we advise you to check the compatibility of the plow with your vehicle, that also means you shouldn’t buy a plow of manageable size and weight.
According to the experts, 6 ½ and 7 ½ feet plow suit standard pick-up trucks, and 7 or 7 ½ feet blades go with half-ton trucks. Plows that are way too heavy damages vehicles. On contrary, if your plow is too small, it will damage itself.
To be in a winning position, you must have a clear idea regarding the expected price of plows and your estimated budget. There are both new and used products on the market.
Of course, the newer ones are costlier, but sometimes quality second-hand products deliver great performance. But in that case, you have to be very careful to check all kinds of abuse, bent blades or beams, etc. before purchase.
Mounting and Controller Choice
Last but not the least, you need to have clear ideas about the mounting systems and how to attach and detach them. There are many mounting systems that are easily detachable.
If you are going to using the plow regularly, you may consider knowing the on/off process beforehand.
You may also consider rechecking the controller with which you will be controlling the operating system of the plow. Pistol-grip controller, touchpad controller, joystick controller, etc are some of the varieties.
Related Post: Top Rated Heated Seat Cushion for Car Review
Frequently Asked Question about Snow Plow
What are the benefits of V-Plow and a straight plow?
Normally, plows with a v-shaped blade are considered to be the more efficient ones but straight blades come at a much lower price.
A V-shaped blade allows you to change the moldboards’ shape into V, straight, or scoop shape. Its slicing option eases the process for the vehicle and the operator as well. But it is somehow tough to learn to operate it.
Straight plows are accurate for you if you want to clean bigger and open spaces.
What should I keep in mind before buying a used snowplow?
Things you need to know before buying a used snowplow are –
- You should carefully inspect the blade or moldboard to see if there are rust, corrosion, or cracks in the blade.
- You don’t need to be stressed even if the hydraulic cylinder looks a bit damaged. You can always purchase it for $60 – $ 280.
- Check the lift frame carefully to spot any twists in the frame and cracks in the welds.
- Getting a fresh cutting edge is nearly impossible, so don’t worry about that. You can purchase a new cutting edge for $80 – $125.
How much a snowplow can cost?
Snowplows for ATVs or UTVs can cost you approximately $200 – $3000. But usually, most of the quality plows cost $700 – $1200.
Expert Tips to Use a Snowplow to Prevent Damage
- First of all, consult with the vehicle manufacturers to be sure about overdrive. Follow their recommendations regarding plowing in overdrive and when and how you can do that safely.
- Try not to overheat the transmission fluid and avoid improper use of the plow. Otherwise, you will be inviting damage to the truck’s transmission.
- Go with slow acceleration, so that your vehicle can grip the road for better traction.
- Don’t spin the tires.
- Try to get an install-transmission gauge installed in your vehicle. It will monitor the heat in the truck’s transmission.
- Last but not least, after your plowing is completed, let your Polaris Ranger rest for some time. It will cool down the transmission fluid.
How to Install Snow Plow on Polaris Ranger
Expert Final Suggestion
We have tried to provide a detailed analysis of the crucial matters related to the snow plowing system. We hope, now you won’t face any difficulties in choosing the best snow plow for Polaris Ranger.
Here you have found merits and demerits of the products from legendary brands like Denali and Warn or KFI.
You can go for a low-budget yet excellent product like that from Warn. If your purpose is to clear long driveways and clear a huge amount of snow in a short time then go for Denali. If your vehicle model is older go for Kolpin because their product is fit for almost all the Polaris Ranger editions.
You must follow the mounting related suggestions, given by the companies. And most importantly follow our buying tips to get the best of the plow and a comfortable snow clearing experience.
The only thing to say after all the discussions is you should neither take stress regarding these purchases nor should you hurry before taking the decision. Thoroughly consider all the models, never compromise on compatibility and material quality.
Keeping good contact with your dealer is a must as any of the parts may get damaged at any time during such a rigorous process. We hope, you will follow these suggestions and no hindrances will affect your snow clearing process anymore.