Gator Tonneau covers are a popular choice for those who want to protect their truck beds from the elements but are looking for a more affordable option. Gator tonneau covers are made from the highest quality materials and manufactured by the best brands.
They come in different styles and designs and come in a variety of materials that are durable and long-lasting.
In this post you will get to know who makes the Gator Tonneau truck bed cover, its types and pros and cons, how to install the cover and where to buy it.
Let’s delve into it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Who Makes Gator Tonneau Covers?
- 2 Top 3 Tonneau Cover from Gator – Comparison
- 3 Pros of Gator Tonneau Cover
- 4 Guarantee
- 5 Protects your truck from the sun, rain, and snow
- 6 Durable and environmentally friendly
- 7 Made in America
- 8 Customer Service
- 9 Installation Assistance
- 10 No Restocking Fee
- 11 Swap It
- 12 Security
- 13 Aesthetic
- 14 Cons of Gator Tonneau Cover
- 15 Video Review About Gator Truck Tonneau Cover
- 16 Installation of Gator Truck Bed Covers
- 17 Where to Buy Gator Cover Replacement Parts?
- 18 Types of Tonneau Cover from Gator Brand
- 19 FAQs About Gator Truck Bed Cover
- 20 Where are Gator tonneau covers made?
- 21 Are Gator and BAKFlip the same company?
- 22 Are Gator Tonneau Covers any Good?
- 23 Conclusion
Who Makes Gator Tonneau Covers?
Gator Tonneau cover is made by a private company called Gator cover based in Georgia. The goal at GatorCovers is to help truck owners make their already versatile platform even more versatile. They have been in business since 1983 and have been making high-quality products ever since.
The covers are made of Gator-Lok material, which is made from recycled plastic milk jugs. They are very durable and require no maintenance at all. The Gator-Lok tonneau cover is lightweight and also allows for quick and easy access to the bed of your truck. If you want a new look for your truck bed, this tonneau cover will definitely make it more appealing.
As you’re interested in who makes the Gator truck bed cover, you might also want to know about relevant facts about the Gator Tanneau cover.
Top 3 Tonneau Cover from Gator – Comparison
- 100% Bed Access
- Industrial-grade leather-grain vinyl
- Fully opened or fully closed driving Position
- Easy & Fast No-drill Install
- Waterproof Cover
- Low-Profile and Strong Design
- 5 intermittent locking positions
- Black powder-coat finish on heavy-duty aluminum slats
- Full Bed Access
- Installation is quick and easy
- 2/3 Bed Access
- Black powder-coat finish on heavy-duty aluminum panels
- Affordable, enhanced truck bed protection
- Easy to install and use
- 2/3 open by securing with storage straps, or fully closed
Pros of Gator Tonneau Cover
There are a few clear advantages to using a tonneau cover.
Comes with a 30-day guarantee period. So, if somehow it seems like the product is not suitable for you, you can return it and get a full refund.
Protects your truck from the sun, rain, and snow
Although it’s not a unique feature that specifically Gator Tonneau cover provides definitely these are useful features covered by this brand.
Durable and environmentally friendly
Durability is a major concern for all sorts of products. The concern becomes rises more when intended to purchase accessories for cars or trucks. Environmental concern are also there.
So, choosing a product that’s both durable and environmentally friendly is crucial.
It’s a matter of relief that the material used in the Gator truck bed cover is very durable. The materials are environmentally safe as well.
As Gator covers are made from recycled materials, so they’re environmentally friendly and durable.
Made in America
The quality of production is more precise and developed in the USA than China. And, when it comes to mechanical accessories USA past other countries in terms of both quality and production.
Gator Tonneau covers are made in the USA.
Gator Covers provide superior customer support. They claim they support customers as long as they need.
Gator covers provide installation assistance through the installation guide, videos, support and even sending technical teams. They got to stand by the technical team in working hours at every working day.
No Restocking Fee
Many companies charge for restocking while Gator Covers don’t charge for it.
You can’t but be amazed by this features. Simply put: if you don’t like one of their products, you can easily swap with other products.
How cool is that!
Gator cover Provides an extra layer of security when driving in bad weather conditions this also ensure safely of a truck bed from any potential theft.
Adding tonneau cover to your truck will also increase its appearance, making it look higher-end.
Cons of Gator Tonneau Cover
There are some potential cons to using a gator tonneau cover.
- One is that it can be difficult to get installed you may need help from someone else if you’re not experienced in installing these covers.
- Because this type of cover is made out of recycled materials, it may not be as durable as a cover made from traditional plastic.
- If your truck is big or heavy, you may find that the gator tonneau cover does not fit properly.
Overall, the pros of using a gator tonneau cover far outweigh the cons. If you’re looking for an affordable way to protect your truck from the elements and add an extra layer of security when driving in bad weather conditions, a truck tonneau cover is a great option.
Video Review About Gator Truck Tonneau Cover
Installation of Gator Truck Bed Covers
Installing a Gator truck bed cover can protect your truck from the sun, rain, and snow. If you have a full-sized pickup or an SUV, a Gator truck bed cover is a great way to keep your vehicle clean and dry.
Gator truck bed cover installation is easy and can be done by anyone with basic carpentry skills. Follow the steps below to install your truck bed cover.
- To install a Gator truck bed cover, first, remove the original plastic cover.
- Then, cut the cover to fit the contours of the truck bed using either a knife or a saw.
- Apply a coat of paint to the cut edges of the cover, and attach the cover with screws or nails.
Where to Buy Gator Cover Replacement Parts?
Replacement parts come in handy when you want to upgrade or repair things. And, in case of Gator cover to repair or upgrade you might require for replacements parts.
You can buy Gator cover replacement parts from their store both online and offline, Amazon, eBay, and so on.
You can find a list of all replacement parts here on amazon.
Types of Tonneau Cover from Gator Brand
The Gator cover offers 4 types of Tonneau covers. They are:
- Roll-up Tonneau cover
If you want to buy a Roll-up Tonneau cover from the Gator Cover brand, you can get them from here.
- Soft Folding Tonneau cover
If you want to buy soft folding Tonneau covers from the Gator Cover brand, you can get them from here.
- Hard Folding Tonneau cover
If you want to buy a hard folding Tonneau cover from the Gator Cover brand, you can get them from here.
- Retractable Tonneau cover
If you want to buy a Retractable Tonneau cover from the Gator Cover brand, you can get them from here.
FAQs About Gator Truck Bed Cover
Where are Gator tonneau covers made?
The Gator Tonneau covers are made by the Gatorcover company and made in the USA.
Are Gator and BAKFlip the same company?
No, Gator and BAKFlip are not the same company.
Are Gator Tonneau Covers any Good?
Great deal for the money. Probably the nicest truck bed cover you can get for under $300, maybe under $400. The fit is absolutely perfect. Installation was pretty easy. The hardware to clamp it down was kind of a pain but eventually stayed tight.
User says, Best value for the money, Easy to install, Works great, and Made in America.
Gator Tonneau Truck Bed Covers are an amazing option for those who want to customize their truck. They are available in various colors and styles that will fit the look of your truck. They are also very durable and can protect your truck bed from the elements, rain, snow.
As you now know who actually makes Gator Tonneau covers, its features, pros and cons, and type of cover the company sells- you can now easily take a data-backed decision to purchase that suits your requirements.