Many people think that car seat covers are not a big deal. But they are mostly unaware that suitable seat covers make the car interior stand out and look more elegant.
Toyota Tacoma cars are among the classiest models. That’s why, when getting car seat covers for your Toyota Tacoma, you need to pay attention.
But how do you know which ones are the best seat covers for Tacoma? Now, you don’t need to go crazy over going through seat covers and tearing off hair. I’ve got a list of the best Toyota Tacoma seat covers to release you of the trouble.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Tacoma Seat Cover Comparison Table
- 2 Top 5 Best Seat Covers For Tacoma In 2021
- 3 1. BDK PolyPro Full Set Car Seat Covers
- 4 2. Covercraft Carhartt SSC2509CAGY Seat Covers
- 5 3. OxGord PU Leather Car Seat Cover
- 6 4. Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 Bucket Seat Cover
- 7 How to Install CoverKing Custome Seat Cover
- 8 5. FH Group FH-FB060114 Full Set Seat Covers
- 9 How To Choose The Best Seat Covers For Tacoma?
- 10 Compatibility
- 11 Material
- 12 Fitting
- 13 Color And Pattern
- 14 Water Resistance And Washable
- 15 Price
- 16 Types Of Toyota Tacoma Seat Covers
- 17 1. Throw Seat Covers
- 18 2. Universal Seat Covers
- 19 3. Fitted Seat Covers
- 20 Benefits Of Using Seat Covers For Tacoma
- 21 Enhances The Car Interior
- 22 Protects The Original Cover
- 23 Make The Seats More Comfortable
- 24 Replaceable
- 25 How To Fit Car Seat Covers?
- 26 Frequently Asked Questions About Seat Covers
- 27 What Is The Purpose Of Foam/Padding In Seat Covers?
- 28 What Is The Best Material For Seat Covers?
- 29 Do Tacoma Seat Covers Fit All Cars?
- 30 Do Seat Covers Ruin The Original Seat Covers’ Shape?
- 31 Can I Find Seat Covers Of Different Colors For Tacoma?
- 32 Can I Dry My Tacoma Seat Covers In The Drier?
- 33 Will Seat Covers Protect The Leather?
- 34 Final Verdict
Top Rated Tacoma Seat Cover Comparison Table
|BDK PolyPro Car Seat Covers||
||Check on Amazon|
|Coverking Custom Fit Seat Cover||
||Check on Amazon|
|Covercraft Carhartt Seat Covers||
||Check on Amazon|
|OxGord Car Seat Cover||
||Check on Amazon|
|FH GROUP Front Set Seat Covers||
||Check on Amazon|
Top 5 Best Seat Covers For Tacoma In 2021
1. BDK PolyPro Full Set Car Seat Covers
For anyone looking for a complete set of Tacoma seat covers at a low price, the BDK PolyPro seat covers can be the most suitable choice. It has protective material, and the universal size fits various vehicles.
- Full-Set Covers: I’ve always preferred the BDK seat covers for their universal size, which makes them perfectly fit for most vehicles.
- Affordable Price: You will be getting these seat covers at a low price. And the best part is that they come in a complete set.
- Easy Installation: As they are universal covers, they fit the covers well. You only need to go through three steps for installation.
Related Post: Top Rated Car Security System Review
2. Covercraft Carhartt SSC2509CAGY Seat Covers
This specific seat cover from the Covercraft Carhartt can be custom-patterned in order to fit your vehicle. Moreover, the material of these Tacoma seat covers is highly durable as well as water-resistant.
- Durable Material: What makes Covercraft SSC2509CAGY suitable for the best seat covers for Toyota Tacoma is their durability. The covers are made with duck weave fabric, which is known for its extended durability.
- Water-Resistance And Machine Washable: To protect the covers from dirt and spills, the manufacturer made sure the covers are water-resistant. And whenever you want to tidy the covers up, you can machine wash them.
- Installation And Fitting: The covers are well-fit for the front seats. And installing them will not be a problem.
You May Like: Top Rated Bike Rack for Truck Hitch Review
3. OxGord PU Leather Car Seat Cover
If you don’t want polyester or fabric but would like something better and affordable, check out the OxGord PU Leather seat covers.
- Foam Padding: Apart from the durable PU leather, these seat covers’ foam padding makes them comfortable and reliable for long rides.
- Stain-Free Covers: You can keep your Tacoma seat covers free of stains, muds, or any other things as the PU leather is water-resistant.
- Hand Washable: The material machine washable. But you still won’t have to go through a lot of work. You can easily install and uninstall the covers before and after washing.
Related Post: Top Rated Onboard Air Compressor Review
4. Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 Bucket Seat Cover
What makes the Coverking Bucket Seat Cover take place among the best seat covers for Tacoma is its stylish color, fitting, comfort level, and durability.
- Comfortable Fabric: While many expensive seat covers fail to provide necessary comfort, the Coverking Bucket seat covers with their neosupreme fabric ensure users’ maximum comfort. The middle layer of the covers has foam cushioning which prevents your back from hurting.
- Perfect Fit: The covers are tailor-made to fit the specified vehicles with ease and do not end up looking saggy.
- Durability: Though these seat covers are not machine washable, you can still hand wash them with ease. Later, you only have to air dry them instead of a drier.
How to Install CoverKing Custome Seat Cover
5. FH Group FH-FB060114 Full Set Seat Covers
Finally, I have one more cool-looking Tacoma seat cover for you. It is yet another incredible seat cover that makes your vehicle interior look classier and stylish while ensuring your comfort at the same time.
- Color Option: What amazes me about FH Group seat covers is their range of colors. It has five different colors, but some of these colors have shade options.
- Full Set Option: Having single row and full set options makes the seat covers more desirable. If you want to change the entire interior look, getting the full set covers is an excellent option.
- Wipe Clean: Though the covers are machine washable, you can still immediately clean them up by wiping them off. But you have to air dry it after washing.
How To Choose The Best Seat Covers For Tacoma?
One of the most challenging things to do when buying something is to decide which one you should buy as there are more options. The same goes for the best seat covers for Toyota Tacoma.
When purchasing them, you have to look for numerous things, such as compatibility, material, whether they are washable or not, water-resistance or not, cover type, price, and more.
If you can purchase seat covers by ensuring that they have the right features, you can get yourself the best Toyota Tacoma seat covers. You can look at the following buyer guide that I’ve prepared to help you understand everything more clearly.
I can tell you from my experience that compatibility is one of the essential things you have to keep in mind. There are plenty of Tacoma seat covers that come in a universal size. You can fit them in most car seats. On the other hand, many seat covers are fit or compatible with some specific Tacoma models.
Manufacturers usually mention which cars will be fit for the covers. Still, you must be aware of whether or not you are buying the right seat covers. Otherwise, the covers will either be too saggy or too tight and damage the original cover shape.
If you are buying the best Tacoma seat covers, the material matters a great deal. Without the suitable material, not only will they make you uncomfortable, but they also get damaged over time really fast.
You will find various types of seat cover materials. Some of them are machine washable, while others are not. And some of them can heat the car interior during hot weather. I’m not suggesting any particular material as everyone’s choice is different. But you should consider your options before you come to a decision.
The size of the seat covers and the way you put them on the seats bring a significant difference on a few things:
- How long the covers will last
- Whether the covers will damage the original covers or seat shape
- How your Tacoma interior looks
- Your comfort level
A well-fitted seat cover not only ensures comfort but also prevents the covers from looking saggy or wrinkly. If you know what size of the seat covers you need, finding well-fit covers will be a piece of cake.
Color And Pattern
Covers of perfect colors and patterns can light up the car’s interior. On the other hand, a wrong choice of color and pattern can ruin the entire look. Though color or pattern choice depends on personal taste, I suggest you have a few demos before buying them.
Water Resistance And Washable
A lot of Tacoma seat covers are machine washable. These covers are easier to handle, and washing in the machine makes them look new. However, the ones that cannot be machine washed are trickier to clean. But, if you want to keep the covers more clean and free of stains, especially if there are kids involved, you can opt for water resistance covers.
Everyone has different budgets, and there are always options for everyone’s budget. The price is always a crucial factor if you have a tighter budget. But you can always get a throw or universal seat covers at a budget price. On the other hand, if you are okay with spending more, there are more options available for you.
Related Post: High-Quality Battery for Ford F350 Diesel Review
Types Of Toyota Tacoma Seat Covers
I’ve met plenty of people who hardly know that different types of Tacoma seat covers exist. From my experience, I must say that you should always know about them.
There are three types of Tacoma seat covers:
- Throw seat covers
- Universal seat covers
- Fitted seat covers
Each of these types can be made of different kinds of material or fabric. Some of the common materials are leather, vinyl, cloth, etc.
1. Throw Seat Covers
As the name suggests, you simply throw these covers over the seats for a temporary cover-up. They look more like seat-shaped bags to cover the seats quickly.
These seat covers are not suitable for regular use. They are more like the protective covers that help keep the seat clean when you are taking off on a rainy day, and you don’t want to make the seats dirty with mud.
Throw seat covers are easy to put on and take off. You can wash them immediately without much trouble. And these covers are much cheaper than others.
2. Universal Seat Covers
Universal seat covers do not come in random sizes and shapes. They mostly come with a label that will tell you which type of vehicles the covers will fit. So yes, you cannot purchase these seat covers randomly.
The universal covers will not be an exact fit for the seats. Besides, they cost a bit more than throw covers. However, they are easy to use and wash, and they also keep your vehicle interior cleaner.
3. Fitted Seat Covers
While throw and universal covers don’t serve the exact fit for your vehicle seats, the fitted covers do that job smoothly. These Tacoma seat covers bring an upgraded look to your car interior.
The downside of this type of seat cover is that fitting the covers to the seat is quite a hassle. On top of that, the fitted seat covers are costly.
You May Like to Read: High-Quality Running Board Review
Benefits Of Using Seat Covers For Tacoma
Seat covers are not just to cover up the seats or make your car look fantastic. There are more reasons and benefits for using them. And if you are using the best Tacoma seat covers, you will receive the following benefits.
Enhances The Car Interior
My experience with younger generations tells me that you always need to pay attention to the car interior, especially if you are trying to charm someone. No one wants to end up in a car that looks messy or stinks with the smell of sweat. Using seat covers brings a different look inside your vehicle, and that changes a lot of things.
Protects The Original Cover
It doesn’t take long for the vehicle seat covers to start looking old. Over time, they get filled with stains, scratches, sunburns, cuts. They also gather dust in the places you can barely reach for cleaning.
And if you are using the car with your family and kids, only God can help the seats and the covers. But having Tacoma seat covers will protect the original covers and always make them clean and new.
Make The Seats More Comfortable
Not everyone will feel comfortable with the original seat covers. Having the right-sized covers will ensure the person driving feels more comfortable without feeling slippery and all. And if older people are riding with you, having seat covers with comfortable material will keep them from complaining throughout the ride, trust me.
These Tacoma seat covers are not one-time things. Many of these are waterproof, and almost all of them are washable. Thus, having separate covers allows you to clean them from time to time.
In this way, you can maintain cleanliness and personal hygiene. And if you can maintain the covers properly and keep them clean, you can always resell them at a reasonable price.
How To Fit Car Seat Covers?
I understand that fitting a car seat cover can be a hassle for many people. I have been there too. But there is a way to make sure it does not take a long time, or you don’t end up losing your mind. So here is a simple guideline for you.
- If your seat cover does not come with a headrest cover, you need to remove the headrest first.
- You will find loops at the back of your covers. Pull the cover on the seats and their back by using a coat hanger.
- Now, secure the loops and tighten the straps. In this way, they will be tight enough to cover the seats well.
But, what do you do if your seat covers don’t come with headrest holes? Well, you can do the followings:
- Mark the area of the hole with a marker
- Carefully make a quarter-inch cut
- Make sure the hole isn’t too big or too small. It shouldn’t get enlarged by the users’ movements.
- Finally, slip the headrest through the cover hole cutout. If being cut properly, the headrest will be secured in its place.
Related Post: Top Rated Roof Rack for Jeep Grand Cherokee
How to Install Tacoma Car Seat Covers
Frequently Asked Questions About Seat Covers
What Is The Purpose Of Foam/Padding In Seat Covers?
Some seat covers come with foam padding in them. The purpose of the padding is to provide comfort to the riders.
Riding can be painful in bumpy areas. So having padded seat covers ensures maximum comfort. And they are also helpful when there are older people in the car or people with limited mobility.
What Is The Best Material For Seat Covers?
Any material is the best material for seat covers as long as it makes you feel comfortable enough. Tacoma seat covers come in different materials, and each of them has pros and cons.
Some materials need to be machine washed while others do not need that. And then, there are waterproof ones. A few of them can heat up during the summer and end up increasing car interior temperature. So you need to get the material that you think is suitable for you.
Do Tacoma Seat Covers Fit All Cars?
The answer is no. The same Tacoma seat covers will not fit all cars. And even if they seem fit, you will find the covers coming loose or sagging here and there. That’s why the seat covers should be compatible with the vehicle.
But if you would still like to use covers that go well with different cars, I suggest you purchase universal Tacoma seat covers. You can still find them a little tacky sometimes, but they will do the job well enough.
Do Seat Covers Ruin The Original Seat Covers’ Shape?
That is only a misconception of many users. Separate seat covers never ruin the shape of the original seat covers. But hey, there are always loopholes.
For example, if you use a cover that is too tight for the seats, it can damage the original shape. But using the right-sized seat covers will prevent such things from happening. It gives you another reason to make sure that you buy the right seat covers.
Can I Find Seat Covers Of Different Colors For Tacoma?
Yes, Tacoma seat covers are available in different color options. Not only various colors, but also they come in different patterns.
You can always choose your desired color and pattern from the available options. But here is a small piece of advice, always try to pick the color that goes well with your Tacoma’s interior. A set mismatched seat cover can make your vehicle look very odd.
Can I Dry My Tacoma Seat Covers In The Drier?
You should not dry the Tacoma seat covers, especially if they are machine washable. If they are, you need to air dry them. Otherwise, it will ruin the seat cover shape.
The best thing to do is to go with the manufacturer’s advice. Always check the instructions properly before you wash the seat covers.
Will Seat Covers Protect The Leather?
Leathers do not last long if it is not kept in a particular temperature and if the material cannot breathe. You can use seat covers over the leather if the cover fabric is waterproof and breathable. Moreover, you need to make sure the leather does not get overheated because of the cover.
Different people have different tastes in everything, even car seat covers. The best seat covers for Tacoma are those that have suitable material, long durability, and make you comfortable.
Besides my top pick, I recommend the OxGord PU Leather Seat Cover if you want leather and well-fit seat covers at an affordable price. But, if you would like to give your original seat covers something breathable and do not care about spending more, the Covercraft SSC2509CAGY Seat Cover is the best choice.