Before we start the review of our selected top seven best car alarms for vandalism, let’s take a journey to memory lane. Before 1990s, car alarms were not that common and even today a huge number of car owners don’t know the use and necessity of advanced technology car alarms.
Just last week, one of my clients’ car got stolen. The car was parked outside his farmhouse in the sub-urban area. He, unfortunately, left the door open and the car keys inside the car. He had to file an official complaint to the police and still hasn’t got his car back yet.
Seeing my client in a miserable condition that day after losing his expensive car, I decided to pick up some great car alarm products and write a review for all of you.
Car vandalism and stealing is not that uncommon crime around the world. If you are a car owner and wish to prevent thieves from breaking into or stealing your car, you must carry some modern-day instruments along with staying alert.
Before jumping to the conclusion regarding the top-rated vehicle alarm system let’s take a look at the structure of car alarms. A general part that every car alarm contains is its “brain”(the control module), a siren, an antenna to receive remote signals. The system also includes wiring to connect it with all the parts and remote system to control the functions of the alarm.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Remote Car Alarm System Comparison Table
- 2 Top 7 Best Car Alarms for Vandalism Review
- 3 1. Viper 5305 2-way LCD Vehicle car alarm
- 4 2. Directed Avital 1 Way Security System
- 5 3. Compustar CS 7900 AS all in one 2-way Remote Car Starter
- 6 4. Viper 350 Plus 3205V 1-way Car Alarm for Vandalism
- 7 5. Scyteck A15 Car Alarm Security System
- 8 6. Pyle PWD701 4-Button Car Alarm for Vandalism
- 9 7. Python 5706P Responder LCD SST 2-way Security with Remote Start System
- 10 Best Car Alarm for Vandalism Buying Guide 2021
- 11 Types of car alarms based on system
- 12 Priorities
- 13 LCD/LED/ SmartStart
- 14 Operating Range of the 2-way system
- 15 Alarm system options
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions about Car Alarm
- 17 How many kinds of car alarm systems are available in the automotive market?
- 18 What are the uses of audible car alarms?
- 19 Is it too difficult to install car security systems?
- 20 How to Install Remote Car Alarm System
- 21 Final Words
Top Remote Car Alarm System Comparison Table
|Directed Avital 1 Way Security System||
||Check on Amazon|
|Compustar CS7900 2-Way Remote Start||
||Check on Amazon|
|Viper 350 PLUS 3105V 1-Way Car Alarm||
||Check on Amazon|
|Pyle Car Alarm Security System||
||Check on Amazon|
|Scytek A15 Keyless Entry Car Alarm||
||Check on Amazon|
Top 7 Best Car Alarms for Vandalism Review
1. Viper 5305 2-way LCD Vehicle car alarm
The one recommended by most of the users is the one from Viper. This LCD 2-way car alarm system is smart, technically outstanding and, at the same time easy to install and use. The primary reasons for which my clients love it the most are
- SmartStart compatibility
This is a unique feature of Viper 5305p as most of the security alarm systems in the market provide only either LED or LCD screen systems to inform you about your car’s status. A few models provide the system to connect it with Smartphone and receive and give orders from
While using this system, with the help of your Smartphone you can locate or control your car anytime you want, if you add the SmartStart module to this Viper remote car starter.
- 2 –Way Remote
The users love the entry-level 2-way Viper remote start system the most. Many users who bought this alarm from my shop reported that it is an amazing technology to check if they have actually locked the door or not.
Another great thing about this 2-way remote is you can operate up to 4 vehicles with full command capability for all vehicles.
- Keyless Entry
This alarm kit from Viper also provides the benefit of keyless entry to your car along with security.
- LCD 2-way remote control; used for transmitting and receiving information, displays command response feedback and system states.
- Works on BMW, Fords, Chevrolet Camaro, Chervolet Traverse and all the other prominent automobiles.
- Pit stop mode feature to allow the vehicle to keep running after the key is removed from the ignition.
- Up to ¼ mileage range.
- On-screen users interface.
- Way more expensive than other products of the same category.
2. Directed Avital 1 Way Security System
- Technical excellence
This car alarm from Directed Electronics is designed with all the necessary technical requirements and smart ways to prevent cars from theft, like fault-proof starter interrupt, six-tone siren, and revenger siren.
- Different levels of protection
It warns the owner of the car in different ways for different levels of threat, like; light impacts trigger a “warn-away” siren along with a chirping sound of siren while the parking lights flash for a few seconds. Heavy impacts trigger a “trigger sequence” consisting continuous siren sound, with the flash lighting for 30 seconds. Opening the door will result in the chirping sound turning into continuous blast, whereas turning the ignition key on will trigger two-stage progressive responses.
- Dual-Zone Impact sensor
With dual-zone impact sensor it can detect blows or impacts to your vehicle that can react either with chirps or the full wrath of the siren.
- Fault-proof starter interrupt.
- Nuisance prevention to ensure neighborhood-friendly anti false alarm technology.
- Keyless entry and AUX functions.
- Warn-away (low volume, brief warning signals for questionable threats.)
- The least expensive one in the list.
- Limited warranty.
- Difficult to install.
3. Compustar CS 7900 AS all in one 2-way Remote Car Starter
The “all-in-one” tag mark in the subtitle is enough to understand the true all-rounder nature of this product. With its intelligent security sensors, this product is one of the top alarms for cars that I have ever sold.
- Universal kit
This 2-way security kit is a universal kit and can be used with almost every model of every vehicle company.
- Smart security sensors
The CS7900AS is capable of adding door, hood, trunk and, impact sensors all around the vehicle to detect any kind of intrusion into your car.
- Alarm Bundle
This product consists of alarm bundle of 2 way interactive LCD remote. The kit comes with main power and input/ output harnesses, starter disable relay and harness, basic adjustable shock sensor, antenna and cable etc. The maximum range for remote start is 3000 ft.
- 105db + Alarm siren included.
- Keyless entry.
- Includes CM900 control module.
- Blue LED to show start alarm status.
- Great affordability.
- Not easy to install.
4. Viper 350 Plus 3205V 1-way Car Alarm for Vandalism
- Advanced technologies
This product stands apart from many similar items because of its specially designed features like revenger siren containing six different soft sounds, falisafe starter kill to disable the starter to ensure that anyone trying to steal will have to disarm the system.
It also consists of “starter-kill” to prevent hot wiring and dual stage shock sensor to warn the owner of the car. Another important feature to prevent any unauthorized activities or cloning of remote system is “clone-safe code hopping” as well as anti carjacking protection, two auxiliary channels and dome light supervision.
- Additional functions
Some of the additionally designed features of the alarm system is it gives you chance to use additional remotes, siren with backup battery, special kits as field disturbance detecting sensor, glass impact audio detection, smart start etc.
- Keyless entry and security system
The alarm along with ensuring security also allows key less entry with its remote start system.
- Universal kit; can be used to protect any kind of vehicles from thieves – boats, jeeps, cars or trucks.
- Warning bright blue LED to ward off any potential thieves.
- Well built key fobes with good range.
- Easy to install.
- Effective alarm, remote lock and unlock and zone triggers.
- The shock sensor is not sensitive enough, according to the customers.
Viper 350 Plus 3205V 1-way Car Alarm Review
5. Scyteck A15 Car Alarm Security System
Another product with all-rounding features is the one from Syteck. It offers a huge number of smart features at the same to time to save your favourite car from thieves. Some of the best reasons that you should purchase and use this product for are –
- Association with Smartphone
This security system allows your G3 Smartphone’s live GPS to be used for 2-way confirmation. It can also be used as Stand-alone tracking with Lock/Unlock and Starter interrupt output. Just like other Scyteck products this is also accessible and useable with mobile app. It also enables you to locate your car virtually from any place or control your vehicle with remote start or alarm system.
- Simplicity and cleanliness
Customers love this product because it doesn’t come with any extra materials. It comes with a built-in shock sensor and antenna so you don’t need to save time from setting the antenna on the windshield. The flashlight is selectable and the alarm is the easiest one to install according to the customers.
- Keyless Entry
Scyteck ASTRA A15 offers you the chance to operate the car with keyless entry as well as to operate two cars using the same key and use the remote start through data bus. You get a lot of everything ready with the delivery and there is not much to hook up.
- Built-in parking light relay, which is programmable.
- Two programmable auxiliary channels; pulsed, timed and latched.
- Programmable three-stage anti-car jack feature.
- Built-in smart dual-zone impact sensor to provide smart security.
- Extremely budget-friendly.
- 2 AUX outputs.
- Dual-zone shock sensor built into alarm brain.
- Universal kit.
- Doesn’t come with a siren system.
6. Pyle PWD701 4-Button Car Alarm for Vandalism
With the inclusion of a highly powerful siren and two 4-button transmitters, this remote security system from Pyle PWD is a great choice if you want an affordable security system with multitasking capability.
- Siren and transmitters
The security system comes with a loud siren of 120 dB which contains six different tones. It also comes with transmitters that can be operated in two modes- standard and level-shifted; the standard function is activated in order to arm or disarm whereas the activation of the level-shifted function opens access to other levels of commands providing expanded operation.
- Smart Features
Other smart features that this system offers you are status indicator LED, dual-stage impact detector, valet or override switch, along with the additional features 2-auxiliary outputs, remote sensor bypass, remote chirp mode, remote panic mode etc.
- Anti carjacking
When the ignition is on, you will find the optional anti-carjacking feature to monitor the vehicle’s doors, if you have already selected that one. If the doors are opened by anyone at that time, the trigger will be turned on. To enjoy this facility, you have to enable this feature during the installation process.
- Ignition Controlled Locks
Another practically helpful feature that you may enjoy while using this security system is its ignition-controlled locks feature.
This feature is designed to work in both ways– When the ignition is turned on, it allows the doors to get automatically locked if the brake pedal is pressed and lets the doors get unlocked when the ignition is turned off. They can also protect you during your driving.
- Flashing parking lights to gather more attention.
- Starter defeat feature to prevent the starting of the car if it is being stolen.
- Valet/ Override modes are available.
- Remote keyless entry.
- Additional features of glass break and microwave.
- Universal kit.
- Difficult to install, according to many customers.
7. Python 5706P Responder LCD SST 2-way Security with Remote Start System
- One Mile range
This is a rare model among all the alarm systems to provide security from even one mile of distance. It means that even if you are one mile away from your car, you will get the signal if someone is trying to steal or vandalize your car.
We know how important range is for these security systems and this model offers up to one of range with Digital Spread Spectrum Technology (SST). SST uses digital frequency hopping and multiple-frequency transmission to assure that if a frequency is blocked, the signal still goes through.
- Smart Features
A loud siren with 6 different tones and the transmitters which can receive and send texts, icon display and tones etc. are the most appreciated features of this system. Apart from these, separate ESP2, D2D ports are available. The D2D (Data to Data) allows remote starters and hybrids to seamlessly communicate with their matching Xpresskit interface.
- SmartStart Compatibility
The system can work as SmartStart compatible if you already have a compatible Python remote start system in your car. The DSM200 or DSM250 will add SmartStart capability to your system.
Now you can remote start or lock and unlock your car just by pushing a button on your Smartphone using the exciting new Python SmartStart app.
The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Python remote start or security/remote start system: Lock/arm, Unlock/disarm, Remote Start, Trunk release, Panic, or car finder.
- Stringer double guard shock sensor.
- Flex relay and selectable light flash polarity.
- 4 auxiliary channels.
- Includes 1-way companion remote.
- Requires additional modules and costly programming.
Best Car Alarm for Vandalism Buying Guide 2021
For a smart purchase of the security system for your car, you must have knowledge of two things – your priorities based on the car model and other related facts like budget and the purpose, that is, what you want to save your car from. Here are our buying tips that you may find helpful before you follow our list of the best remote car starter.
Types of car alarms based on system
Generally, there are two types of car alarm remotes available in the market; one way and two-way. A One-way car alarm system is designed to send a signal to the vehicle from the remote whereas a two-way alarm system sends, transmits and, receives signals from both the vehicle and the remote.
What is that you need to protect your car from, based on your location and activities? To protect it from getting stolen or vandalized? Are you worried about your jeep or truck which you use for business purposes and want to secure the products and belongings you carry in there?
Thus, car alarms and security systems are available for all purposes but you need to pick up according to your own necessities and priorities.
Two-way systems are capable enough to warn you about alarm sounding or door’s locking and unlocking as well as the successful remote commands. 2-way systems are configured with either an LCD or a LED screen to show the status of the vehicle.
If you want a more advanced system then go for SmartStart system which is designed to work in collaboration with your Smartphone and receive and accept orders and notifications from that.
Operating Range of the 2-way system
Usually, this decision depends on your accommodation system and how far your car is parked from your apartment of home or office. Usually, most of the alarms are able to function within a quarter a mile of distance.
But if the distance is more than that then, you must go for some advanced models, which possess the capability to cover larger range.
Alarm system options
Even after selecting the preferred mileage range and remote system, you have to be quick in deciding some other matters.
- You have to decide if you really want your Smartphone to be involved in securing your car by monitoring its status when you are out of town.
- Decide if you want to use it to arm or disarm your car remotely as these apps are expensive to install and also will cost you monthly fees.
- You have to be decisive about the use of proximity sensor which warns anyone coming close to your car.
- You also need to decide on using an impact sensor as well as the integration of the power door locks and choose an alarm with immobilizing feature.
Frequently Asked Questions about Car Alarm
How many kinds of car alarm systems are available in the automotive market?
Based on activation modes, two types of car alarms are available in the automotive market. They are – active car alarms and passive car alarms. Passive car alarms activate themselves automatically after the car gets locked. Active alarms are controlled by the car owners.
The biggest disadvantage of passive car alarms is, they enter into the system automatically and the user doesn’t have any chance to control it or use any specialized features.
Active alarms perform according to the owner’s instructions. In that case, the alarm requires the user to press the transmitter button to arm or disarm the system, when the ignition is
What are the uses of audible car alarms?
When you use audible car alarms, the security system functions with the help of sensors that have been installed in various sections of your vehicle. The sensors activate a horn, if they are somehow disturbed. These alarms are regarded as car alarms in their simplest form.
It all depends on the sensitivity level of the alarms and you can determine that according to your choice. You will be the one to decide and adjust the level in specific environments to decide where and when the volume should go high and when to go low.
Is it too difficult to install car security systems?
Usually, most of the brands and models provide a complete “User’s Guide” for the customers. In that guide, you will get all the instructions with details.
But in the case of some of the aftermarket car alarms, the installation process is too complicated and not possible to manage alone at home especially if you are not very comfortable with the car’s wiring. In that case, you may need a professional who does have knowledge of electronic circuitry.
How to Install Remote Car Alarm System
Though most car alarm systems are for universal use, still we hope you might have found the “right” one for your car, from our list of 7 best car alarms for vandalism in 2021.
It can be a tough decision to select the right one, as you have to consider both budget, installation, technical fineness, and other facts like how long you park your car or in which area you do live in the USA.
That’s why we have presented all the possible options for you here, with our selected “top pick” product and products of various ranges and budgets. Along with selecting and using the alarms, you must be careful in parking, locking, and looking after your car to save it from theft and vandalism.