Australians love UTEs. They use them for pleasure, standard home-to-work commuting, or off-road and outdoor adventures. A UTE is a versatile vehicle that can be highly useful for the city but especially fantastic when you get out of city limits. They are powerful and highly functional.
Its functionality and versatility are the main two reasons why people drive these vehicles. However, every UTE can and should be improved to reach its full potential. A UTE comes with many features, but there is so much more to add and make it phenomenal.
Some of these features are adding toolbox canopies over the rear tub. This feature allows you to store more tools and other items, which is why everyone’s installing it, but what are you getting, and what are the reasons to do it aside from this obvious one? Keep reading and learn about the five main reasons you should do it.
5 Great Features for Adding Toolbox Canopie
1. Doing more on your outdoor adventures
Driving to the great outdoors means having a lot of fun. If you’re an adventurer who loves an off-road challenge or simply dreams about perfect camping moments, you must drive a vehicle capable of getting to particular destinations. The UTE is perfect for it.
A UTE is great for getting in nature, but an open rear tray means carrying only so much luggage. If you love camping, it also means you love doing other outdoor activities, such as hiking, fishing, mountaineering, canoeing, or something else. This means you need to carry a lot more equipment with you, and adding a toolbox canopy is the perfect solution.
A toolbox canopy is an excellent solution because you can store anything you want without worrying if there’s enough room. Getting more room means you can fully dedicate yourself to outdoor and off-road adventures.
2. Improving your contracting work
People who work in contracting must find a solution for their tools and machines. These people go to construction sites every day, and the tools they are carrying must be with them at all times. It’s too risky to leave them behind as they might get stolen or lost.
The UTE that has an aluminium toolbox canopy is a safe option to store all your tools and machines inside without worrying that something will happen to them. An excellent canopy drawer and shelving system will allow you to keep your tools organized and always know where everything is.
Related Post: Why Do I Need A Lawyer After A Car Accident?
3. Getting better resale value on your vehicle
Many will refuse to install a toolbox canopy because it comes with a price. Although an aluminium canopy is not as expensive as a titanium one, it still isn’t free for UTE users. However, if you use your UTE regularly and always lack storage, this is an excellent solution, because aside from using it for years, you’re getting a better resale value once you decide to put it on the market.
The toolbox that costs a few thousand at the moment you mount it will increase your overall vehicle price when you decide to sell it. Of course, it may pull the same amount, but it will still bring in some cash. When you think of the time you’ve been using it, you see that it has great value for money.
4. Never worry about weather conditions, no matter what you do
Weather conditions can seriously hurt your plans. If you’re going camping, it’s obvious why, but any other situation in which you need to transport items in your rear tray will become carefree when you have a toolbox canopy installed in the back.
Just imagine what will happen to your tools and machines if you leave them under the open sky when it rains. Everything will be soaking wet, and very soon, all your tools will be ruined. Tens of thousands of dollars of investments will be destroyed. The same goes for anything you might be transporting. A toolbox will protect you from all weather conditions.
5. Creating a better look for your UTE
Finally, why drive a UTE that is ordinary? Ordering and mountain a custom-made toolbox canopy is an excellent idea if you want to see your vehicle become unique. When you drive, you will feel special knowing that no one else has your vehicle.
Even a smaller toolbox version like the part tray canopy in the colors and prints you want can seriously improve the looks of your vehicle. You can also ask for a unique design that no one else has, which will also improve the resale value.
Installation Process of Toolbox Canopy on Your UTE
It is simple to install a toolbox canopy on your UTE and just requires a few simple tools. To ensure a smooth installation, adhere to these steps:
Prepare the UTE Bed:
- Remove any equipment, tools, or debris from the UTE bed.
- Make sure the bed is completely clean to avoid rust and to secure a tight fit.
Choose the Right Mounting System:
- Choose a mounting system that works with the UTE model that you own.
- Make sure that the mounting points line up with the toolbox canopy.
Position the Toolbox Canopy:
- Raise the toolbox canopy and place it on top of the UTE bed.
- Make sure it fits into the mounting holes and is centered.
Secure the Canopy:
- Use the provided hardware to attach the toolbox canopy to the UTE bed.
- Tighten the bolts evenly to ensure a secure and balanced fit.
Check for Clearance:
- Confirm that the toolbox canopy does not interfere with the UTE’s tailgate or other components.
- Adjust the position if necessary for proper clearance.
Seal the Edges:
- Apply weather stripping or a sealing agent along the edges of the toolbox canopy.
- This helps prevent water and dust from entering the UTE bed.
Test the Lid Mechanism:
- Open and close the toolbox canopy lid to ensure smooth operation.
- Verify that any locking mechanisms engage properly.
- Shake the UTE gently to check for any movement of the toolbox canopy.
- Tighten bolts further if needed to enhance stability.
Install Additional Features:
- Install any additional features, like dividers or racks, on your toolbox canopy following the installation manual’s recommendations.
- Ensure these accessories are securely attached.
- Conduct a thorough visual inspection of the entire installation.
- Confirm that all components are secure and properly linedup.
Secure Tools and Equipment:
- Load your tools and equipment into the toolbox canopy.
- Make sure they are arranged securely to prevent shifting during transport.
- Take a short test drive to assess the stability of the toolbox canopy during movement.
- Listen for any unusual sounds that may indicate loose components.
- After the test drive, recheck the tightness of bolts and mounting points.
- Address any issues immediately for long-term durability.
These instructions will let you install a toolbox canopy on your UTE with confidence, improving its functionality and giving your tools and equipment a safe place to be stored.
DIY Canopy Installation Video
These five reasons are just enough to go for a toolbox canopy aside from the obvious one – gaining more storage. Read the points above and make your decision. Improve your outdoor experience, the contracting tasks, or whatever you’re doing by installing a toolbox canopy.